Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Six-Week-Birthday Marmaduke!

its hard to believe six weeks ago i started bottle feeding my sweet little bunny. since the mom rejected all her babies, we had to bottle feed them. on the subject of mothers, i love my mom a lot but she just doesnt like rodents. so my mom isn't really a big rodent fan... we have had a bunch of gerbils over the years (we still have 1 gerbil) and mom never even pet one. she refused. she didn't like them because she thinks they look like mice. personally, I think mice are adorable. but apparently mom thinks they are gross. watever. so when she let me bring home marmaduke, I thought that she would keep her distance from him as well as the gerbil we have. but to my surprise, around the 2nd day we had him, I held him up to my mom and she pet it! and ever since then, little by little, she started liking him more. she started calling him cute, and this weekend when I slept in, my mom acually fed him! that's a big thing for her! she acually put her hands in the cage, took out the food dishes, filled them with his food and put the dishes back in the cage! when I woke up and she told me that she fed marmaduke already, i asked, "why?" and she said, "because he looked hungry and I felt bad for him". awwwww!!! I'm sooo happy my mom loves him. I don't know about the gerbil though, I don't think she likes him very much still. but I'm still happy about mom getting over her rodent dislike with marmaduke!

another thing that happened today was we put a litter box in marmaduke's cage. I'm not sure if he'll use it... right now he treats it as a bed and lays on it. well maybe he'll realize that we put it in the spot where he poops for a reason... or not. I don't know. but I'm still crossing my fingers!

that's all the news for today.

--
SOME KID WITH A BUNNY NAMED MARMADUKE

No comments:

Post a Comment